[Slackbuilds-users] My SlackBuilds on -current.

Ivan Pavicevic ivanp84 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:14:25 UTC 2011

I figured it, Piere. :) And yes, there is no patches section in the script,
so current SB script for R works for R 2.12.2 (built on S64-current, a week
ago, just changed version number). I will try to contribute and write SB
scripts for programs I often use (Jmol, Chimera, Bioclipse, AutoDoc, ...).

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Pierre Cazenave <pwcazenave at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 29/03/2011 20:59, Ivan Pavicevic wrote:
>
>> As biochemist, I often use R on Slackware64, it is the most powerful data
>> analysis framework. And of course, always built from src with SlackBuild
>> script. I hope that SlackBuilds.org will continue to support R.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Rich Shepard<rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  On Tue, 29 Mar 2011, David Spencer wrote:
>>>
>>>  (1) I see from git that R is being removed (unmaintained).
>>>

>>>  So, for future versions of R I build from source without a SlackBuild
>>> script?
>>>
>>> Rich

> It's not SlackBuilds.org that support it -- we're the ones who support
> whatever software we want. If something isn't included that you want
> included, you can always ask to take over the maintenance of that package.
>
> Since the script for R already exists, it's probably just a case of bumping
> version numbers when a new release comes out and making sure it still
> compiles.
>
> Piere

If you don't care where you are, then you ain't lost