[Slackbuilds-users] lapack

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Fri May 20 15:52:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-19 at 14:27:19 -0400, Donald Allen wrote:
> For me, it's no longer a problem; I got it built. My concern is just that
> others might trip over this and waste time figuring out what I already did.
> Maybe put a note on the page alerting people that the version has changed,
> the slackbuild awaits updating, and in the meantime, folks can build the
> package with
>
> env VERSION=3.3.1 lapack.Slackbuild
>
> ??

I think that's what MD5SUM is for -- to alert that something has changed
in the source tarball.

Though I'm not sure why the current download link without version number
in the file name was used at all (which was the source of confusion for
Donald and probably will be for others).  After quick look in LAPACK
website I've found the one containing version number:

http://www.netlib.org/lapack/lapack-3.3.0.tgz

Perhaps upstream didn't provide it in the past?

--
Audrius Kažukauskas