[Slackbuilds-users] Can we source the info file in the SlackBuild script

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Nov 27 21:01:03 UTC 2011

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:20:37 -0500
Eric Schultz <eric at schultzter.ca> wrote:

> Good evening...
>
> I was wondering if it was possible and permissible to source the info
> file in the SlackBuild script?  I searched the list archive (on
> gmane.org) but didn't find anything specific.

It's certainly possible, but ...

> The reason I'm wondering is that PRGNAM and VERSION are in both, and
> have to be maintained separately.

Yeah, that's a valid point; however, we've always shied away from
sourcing external (non-standard) files in a build script.  Aside
from the ever-present "this is the way Slackware does it," I'm
not fond of it because it's one more bit of stuff we (Slackware)
have to edit in our (SBo) scripts when something gets added to
the main Slackware tree from here.

-RW