[Slackbuilds-users] certified nvidia drivers

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 01:23:29 UTC 2011

--- On Thu, 9/15/11, King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:
BTW, is anyone on this list using any of the nvidia-legacy drivers?  At the moment, all I have left running are a 7600GS, GT430 and GT550 for testing.  My old TNT2, GF256 DDR, GF4 TI 4800 are long gone.  Since nouveau is almost there, I'm thinking about dropping support for the old chipsets not supported on the 28x series.
I use the legacy173 slackBuilds.  nouveau is stable, but VERY slow for me compared to the performance I get with Nvidia's binary drivers.
--phillip