[Slackbuilds-users] Problem after nvidia-driver and nvidia-kernel install

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 17:28:29 UTC 2012

On 08/22/2012 07:29 AM, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Nicolas Kovacs a �crit :
>> I have a few small problems after installing the latest update of the
>> NVidia driver. I ran a build of Firefox ESR and have complaints about
>> missing GL/glx.h files. This is the only machine where this is happening
>> (have a few test boxes), and it's also the only one where this problem
>> arises. All installations are identical (scripted).
>
> 's OK, I found a solution for this.
>
> # nvidia-switch --remove
>
> And then build Firefox ESR.
>
> Hats off to this nifty little functionality, by the way.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Niki

Niki, you found the solution before my first cup of coffee for the morning.

Yes, you will need the original Mesa gl headers not the versions from
nvidia.  The new slackbuild for 14.0 fixes that.  After some discussion
around the 'net and info from nvidia, the new slackbuild doesn't copy
the headers from nvidia's package.

also, you might want to grab the new scripts since nvidia fixed an
important security hole.  I posted those at:

http://www.koenigcomputers.com/sbo-testing/

Finally, if you get 'libvdpau_nvidia.so not found" that means I forgot
another symlink.  Fixed in the above versions this morning.

In the current nvidia-driver on SBo, add

   ln -sf libvdpau_nvidia.so.$VERSION libvdpau_nvidia.so

to the appropriate spot, or

cd /usr/lib64
ln -sf libvdpau_nvidia.so.304.37 libvdpau_nvidia.so

Enjoy
Ed