[Slackbuilds-users] qtfm slackbuild - Robby's note

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Dec 1 07:12:38 UTC 2012

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 05:19:56 +0100
Bojan Popovic <bocke at mycity.rs> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just saw Robby's comment in my qtFM SlackBuild:
>
> > # Commented out by rworkman -- why is this a good idea?
> > # Set share path to /usr/share/$PRGNAM-$VERSION in qtfm.pro and
> > main.cpp
> > # sed -i "s,usr/share/$PRGNAM,usr/share/$PRGNAM-$VERSION," qtfm.pro
> > src/main.cpp
>
> Can't rememeber why it got there. I probably tought it's a common
> practice.
>
> Thanx for the note, I will correct it in the next update.

To be clear, it doesn't *hurt* anything really - it just creates
unnecessary file removals on package upgrades (and the removed
files are probably replaced with mostly, if not completely,
identical ones, where the only difference is that they were in
/usr/share/whatever-1.0.2/ but now are in /usr/share/whatever-1.0.3/
instead of staying in /usr/share/whatever/

Anyway, my comment wasn't really fussing - it was more of "I don't
think this is needed, but please enlighten me if there's something
I don't know/see here."  Either way, thanks for acknowledging it and
fixing it up whenever - no rush on that.

-RW