[Slackbuilds-users] pyquery broken after lxml update

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 23:54:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

Between lxml version 2.x and 3.x, lxml broke out the cssselect module into
its own separate package.  The version on SBo is definitely outdated and
incompatible (w/out patching) with the new lxml.  Looking at the setup.py
file on the github page (ie. https://github.com/gawel/pyquery), the new
version looks to be compatible with the new lxml with cssselect and
distribute as new dependencies.

All that needs to be done is download the latest version of pyquery (
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/pyquery/pyquery-1.2.4.tar.gz),
install the new dependencies and change the version number in the
slackbuild to 1.2.4.  I'm providing a patch with the changes I made to get
things working.  Now using 'import pyquery' at the python command prompt
works.

On a side note, there isn't a dependency listed for pysetuptools or
distribute for version 0.6.1 of pyquery.  It is optional for lxml and not
listed for BeautifulSoup.

--Larry