[Slackbuilds-users] RFC: qemu and aqemu

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 21:55:49 UTC 2012

2012/2/3 Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org>:
> Yes, similar to that is what aqemu does.  It looks for both "kvm"
> and "qemu-kvm" binaries, hence my suggestion of linking it to
> "qemu-kvm" in the script.  Perhaps both is better...

I was missing that libvirt looks also for qemu-kvm, in this case for
me qemu-kvm is ok as well :)

> Oh, I see.  Good point.  In other words, you don't want to have to
> install the regular "qemu" package to get the keymaps and such, as
> all you care about are x86* architectures.

Nono, I am about to use it extensively with ARM ones :)

It's just that I think that usually, between qemu-kvm and qemu, only
one should be needed, depending on the hardware on which you have to
do virtualization.
but, who knows, maybe I'm missing some use cases...

Matteo