[Slackbuilds-users] Why are ORBit2 and GConf available on SBo?

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Sat Feb 25 18:47:13 UTC 2012

With regards to htop, yes it does look like it is in the /ap package set in -
current (according to PACKAGES.txt file in
ftp://elektroni.phys.tut.fi/slackware-current/slackware)

However, Slackbuilds.org's charter (at least as far as I understand) is to
maintain packages for the stable release of Slackware, so htop being in
Slackbuilds's 13.37 collection does make sense for those people who don't
follow -current.

- klaatu

> On 02/25/2012 09:50 AM, Doogster wrote:
> > Why are ORBit2 and GConf available on SBo? They're included with
> > Slackware, in the /extra/google-chrome directory.
>
> Oh yes. I should mention something too.
>
> Now I haven't doublechecked this, but the other day when I did a fresh
> install of (a two month old version of) -current, I went through my
> usual (initial sysadmin base install) sbopkg queue and one of the apps
> that I typically install through force of habit is *htop*.
>
> And then, if I recall correctly, when I ran slackpkg it wanted to update
> htop.
>
> I could be wrong, and I haven't taken the time to check yet, but is htop
> now part of the mainline repo too?
>
> Kindest regards,
- klaatu