[Slackbuilds-users] webcore-fonts vs. ARCH

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Wed Jul 25 10:35:13 UTC 2012

Sounds cool. Although did you know that the next Slackware release is pretty
close and that XFCE 4.10 will be included in it?

But anyway, the ARCH variable helps decides whether /usr/lib or /usr/lib64 is
used when installing during the `make install` step, so setting it to "noarch"
could be bad if you actually need to use /usr/lib* for anything in that
particular script. But I imagine for fonts, you wouldn't be installing to lib
so setting it to "noarch" would probably work.

-klaatu

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently busy writing a series of SlackBuild scripts for a
> full-blown bells & whistles XFCE 4.8 desktop for Slackware 13.37. As an
> aside, let me state that slackbuilds.org is an extremely valuable
> resource for me. For almost every package, application, library, ... I
> have an existing SlackBuild script which I use as a starting point.
>
> I just built the 'webcore-fonts' package and noticed the ARCH stanza. As
> far as I understand, ARCH can be hardcoded for this package:
>
> ARCH=noarch
>
> Cheers from the sunny South of France,
>
> Niki
>
> PS: For the curious, here's the work in progress.
>
> $ svn co svn://svn.tuxfamily.org/svnroot/slackware/slick
- klaatu