[Slackbuilds-users] SlackBuilds for Humble Bundle games

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Thu Jun 7 11:34:53 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 13:07:28 +0300, Dimitris Tsagkatakis wrote:
> So, I wanted to ask:
> a) Given the fact that these scripts rely on commercial and
> (usually) proprietary software and would appeal only to Humble
> Bundle customers, would these scripts be welcome by SBo?

The potential problem I see here is (un)availability of source (or
binary in this case) tarballs to everybody, and that includes SBo admins
wanting to test your build scripts against those tarballs.  If these
games can be downloaded freely and only require some sort of activation
to play, then the fact that they're commercial software shouldn't be an
issue.  I believe SBo already contains SlackBuilds for this sort of
software, although I don't have any examples to point you at.

> b) If yes, do you think it would actually be a worthy addition to
> the database? Because, currently, there are scripts for 43 games and
> I suspect I'll have to modify them to be as consistent as possible
> with SBo's templates.

Yep, they should be as close to SBo templates as possible, but feel free
to do things differently if it makes sense.

> Regards,
> Dimitris
>
> PS. Sorry for any grammar mistakes :)

I think your grammar is great, but I'm not a native English speaker. :-)

--
Audrius Kažukauskas
http://neutrino.lt/