[Slackbuilds-users] SlackBuilds for Humble Bundle games

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jun 7 20:58:22 UTC 2012

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 13:07:28 +0300
Dimitris Tsagkatakis <dtsagka at otenet.gr> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I currently maintain SlackBuilds for games from the Humble Bundle
> series. I mainly do this for myself, but I also have them available for
> other users via my blog. I recently got asked from an LQ user if I ever
> considered submitting these scripts to SBo.
>
> So, I wanted to ask:
> a) Given the fact that these scripts rely on commercial and (usually)
> proprietary software and would appeal only to Humble Bundle customers,
> would these scripts be welcome by SBo?

The issue, which has already been mentioned, is going to be the lack of direct
download links. This makes approval impossible. I suspect (I could be wrong)
that I am the only admin to own all of the bundles. I have no interest in being
the one to approve all these scripts. I think it would be best if they were
maintained separately from SBo.

As a side note, I haven't found any of the games to require system-wide
installation. They all live happily under ~/humble/ for me.

--
Erik Hanson