[Slackbuilds-users] Script licensing

Ozan Türkyılmaz ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 05:22:09 UTC 2012

2012/11/17 Audrius Kažukauskas <audrius at neutrino.lt>:
> Hello,
>
> According to notes in SBo SlackBuild templates, "Public Domain" scripts
> are no longer allowed:
>
>   A license is required, and we strongly suggest you use the above
>   BSD/MIT style license.  We DO NOT accept "Public Domain" scripts.
>   Public domain is not valid in some countries, and no license is
>   worse than a "bad" license in those countries.

I saw this coming when first I wrote ibus-anthy script. At a later
update I added this:

# This script is in public domain. If this is not legally possible
# I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without
any conditions,
# unless such conditions are required by law.

It's from Wikipedia. They use it for Public Domain works of their own.
I don't know if it is acceptable by Admins. Later I moved to BSD/MIT
Style licensing. Because any license is better than no license.

--
Ozan, BSc, BEng