[Slackbuilds-users] abcde slackbuild a little dated?

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Oct 28 15:29:30 UTC 2012

On Sun, 28 Oct 2012 16:23:02 +0100
Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 28 October 2012 15:10:35 Glenn Becker wrote:
> > > I could not work out who was maintaining the abcde slackbuild
> > > (marked as 'nobody' on the site) but the version on the site is
> > > positively ancient and is sourced from a debian repository rather
> > > than abcde's newer home:
> > >
> > > http://code.google.com/p/abcde/downloads/list
> > >
> > > where newer versions have breathed new life into this great
> > > encoder. Is anybody looking after abcde at the moment? My
> > > apologies if a new maintainer is simply waiting for uploads to
> > > reopen on SBo:)
> >
> > Hi -
> >
> > That'd be me. :^) I have newer versions of abcde and cd-discid
> > ready.
> >
> > I had sent them to a Slackbuilds admin who pinged me about them,
> > and I thought the maintainer info would be updated, but it hasn't
> > been. I may have misunderstood what he was going to do with them -
> > I will email him today.
> >
> > Thanks for pointing this out.
>
> Hi Glenn,
>
> Robby is a bit busy lately so he probably missed them. You can send
> them to me (or one of the other admins) instead and we'll make sure
> they get updated asap.

Yeah, I thought I might be the admin in question, but I don't see the
relevant mails in inbox (but perhaps the subject lines are not as
descriptive as I'm expecting).  Either way, yeah, go ahead and send
them to one of the others (or even this list), Glenn - my moments of
opportunity to actually do anything constructive wrt SBo are few and
far between right now -- I'm not said much (if anything at all) on a
public forum, but we're trying to finish up construction of a new
house right now, and I'm doing the basement work myself, so I have
very little time to do anything else between my full-time job and
that project.  Hopefully all of this will solve itself in another
month or two...  :-)

-RW