[Slackbuilds-users] Is there a way...

JB yochanon at lavabit.com
Mon Apr 15 00:45:48 UTC 2013

  Hi gang,

  I tried to get all the dependencies installed on a friends 13.37 system in
  preperation of installing HandBrake.

  The reason I downloaded all of them and burned them onto a cd-rw and took it to
  him is he has only dial-up and is unfortunately constrained to being able to use
  it only from ~midnight through ~6AM. Naturally he has other things he'd also like
  to do so I do a lot of downloading for him.

  The problem: We got everything installed and when we go to build HandBrake, it
  wants to download and install *all* the dependencies on its list - whether they're
  already installed on the system or not!

  This is a PITA for dial-up users. I looked at the Slackbuild for HandBrake, but
  didn't see anything in it that's making it do the downloading, and unfortunately
  am not a programmer so can't figure out where else this set of instructions is
  other than the HandBrake tarball itself somewhere.

  Does anyone know what I can possibly do to install HandBrake on my bud's system
  without having to go through the whole download and install thing?

  Thanks for all and any help with this one.

--
"The Constitution was handed down to guide us by a bunch of wise old dead white guys
who invented our country! Now some flinch when I say that. Why! It's true-they were