[Slackbuilds-users] RFC: changing .SlackBuild to allow separate source tree

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 04:59:35 UTC 2013

What do you think of change to the slackbuild template along the lines of:

MYSRC=${MYSRC:-$CWD}
# with -C don't need a 'cd $TMP' line
tar xvf $MYSRC/$PRGNAM-$VERSION.tar.gz -C $TMP

This way, those of us (or just me) can have the sources outside the SBo
script tree and run as:

MYSRC=/far/far/away ./some_prog.SlackBuild

instead of remembering to moving source files around before doing 'git
pull|push' etc.

Just an idea, and no doubt will make no diff to users of sbopkg, but it
would make my hard drive SBo trees easier to organize.

Thanks,
Ed