[Slackbuilds-users] Buildscript for virtualenvwrapper builds a Slackware package that is not functional

James Bond evanton at tut.by
Tue Aug 13 03:13:23 UTC 2013

The Slackware package builds fine, I assume that is the reason why the
SlackBuild passed through testing. However, attempt to use
virtualenvwrapper after installing the Slackware package fails because
sourcing virtualenvwrapper.sh like its documentation is suggesting
produces Python import errors. Reason: virtualenvwrapper has two runtime
dependencies [1], [2] which aren't mentioned in the README.

I have "cheated" my way out of this problem by installing the dependencies
using pip.

Everything above applies for a Slackware64-14.0 system.

1. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/stevedore

2. https://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv-clone

PS: if someone is going to work on this and make buildscripts for the
dependencies, please consider updating the buildscript for
virtualenvwrapper as well. The latest stable version is 4.x already, but
the Slackware package seems to build (and work) fine with the buildscript
for 3.7 (as long as the runtime dependencies are satisfied).