[Slackbuilds-users] system/wavemon

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Sat Dec 7 14:41:41 UTC 2013

Nick Warne wrote, On 28/11/13 13:39:
> OK, day off work, I just shipped a bug report to the wavemon maintainer.
>    Will keep y'all updated.

Quick update on this.  The source code maintainer doesn't know what is
going on, and as he doesn't use Slackware he couldn't really help to debug.

But anyway, in IRC early this morning and chatting to Willy,
  we found a solution.

In Slackware ncurses package for 14.1 is a rather large patch...
reverting this (i.e. build the 14.0 ncurses package and install that
instead) fixes wavemon - all works as it should.

So, whether the patch breaks wavemon, or wavemon is using a work-around
in the code to get around a ncurses bug which the patch fixes, I do not
know.

Details:
http://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware-14.1/source/l/ncurses/
--> ncurses-5.9-20130504-patch.sh.xz

I am wondering if this will also break other stuff that uses ncurses -
we will have to wait and see.

Nick
--
FSF Associate Member 5508