[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild Directories

Eric Hameleers (SBo) alien at slackbuilds.org
Fri Feb 1 09:12:10 UTC 2013

Op 1-2-2013 4:03, John C. Gage schreef:
> Has there ever been a thought to modify the slackbuild script to
> configure, make and create the TXZ file in the same directory in
> which the SlackBuild script was run? Can the mod also automatically
> call installpkg and install the package all in one script?

The SlackBuild script should do what it has been written for: build a
Slackware package. We are not going to change that by adding feature
creep.
You can easily write a wrapper script which also installs the package
afterwards. You can use sbopkg (http://sbopkg.org/) if you do not want
to write scripts but use something which has proven its worth already.

And building in the same directory as the SlackBuild? No idea why you
would want that but try the following commandline to achieve this:

# OUTPUT=$(pwd) TMP=$(pwd) ./some.SlackBuild

Eric