[Slackbuilds-users] Javascript on slackbuilds.org search results page

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Wed Jul 17 13:07:36 UTC 2013

I've been experiencing an annoying problem in Chromium browser with
links on the search results page.

I tend to middleclick search results links to open several at once in
background tabs.

The problem is that Chromium determines a left or a middle click to be
a click and so what happens is that the links open tabs, but the
location of the results page changes too.

>From http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/event_onclick.asp :

"Execute a JavaScript when a button is clicked"

It is strange that after all the years that javascript has been around
that there are no separate 'onleftclick' or 'onmiddleclick' events...

So I'm not blaming you guys for it since according to the onclick
event it can be any click. But I do have a question: is it /really/
necesary for you to use javascript for simple links in that way?

I've had to disable javascript on the slackbuilds site anyway so it
seems a bit pointless.

FWIW Firefox doesn't share this behaviour.

Regards

David