[Slackbuilds-users] clamav

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Thu Mar 28 08:07:00 UTC 2013

Hallo, Matteo,

Du meintest am 27.03.13:

>> the clamav packet seems to have some errors:

[...]

>> "/etc/logrotate.d/clamav-milter" seems to have vanished, even in the
>> "*.new" version
>>

> Looks like there never has been such file in the clamav submitted to
> SBo.

Yes - may be.
That script has a time stamp from 2006, and these 7 years ago I didn't
use the SBo clamav packet.

[...]

>> The actual script "/etc/logrotate.d/clamav" produces some strange
>> errors, perhaps invoked by the "su ..." line.
>> I use an older script without the
>>
>>         su ...
>>         create ...
>>         /bin/kill ... freshclam ...
>>

> the su option is necessary for the new logrotate: which version of
> slackware are you using?

The error happens with 3.7.8 and 3.8.2
Slackware: self made, based on current.

> can you please post the related errors?

---------------------------------

[...]

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

mv: target `founderrorin/var/log/clamav/*.log,skipping.new' is not a
directory
error: clamav:2 unexpected log filename
error: found error in /var/log/clamav/*.log , skipping

That error seems to happen with logrotate 3.7.8 and 3.8.2 (found on
several installations). Typical: the nonexistent spaces in the "mv"
line.
It only happens with the "/etc/logrotate.d/clamav" script, with no other
script.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut