[Slackbuilds-users] Does anyone have a problem with i3status (eg. wifi display)?

Marcin Herda mherda at slackword.net
Sat Mar 30 16:15:32 UTC 2013

Hi all,

A user reported it to me that i3status does not display the wifi status
correctly (it shows: "W: down" although it is connected). The user
solved the problem by setting setuid bit on i3status. I cannot, however,
reproduce the error. I have tried it on 3 different machines running S14
and -current and it works fine (ie. It does not require setuid on
/usr/bin/i3status for the wifi status to be displayed as intended).

Has any of you encountered a similar problem?

The i3status Makefile sets:

setcap cap_net_admin=ep

which, according to i3 developer/author, should suffice and so far has
been sufficient on my systems.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

regards
Marcin

--
-- sycamorex