[Slackbuilds-users] Package for TLP

Aaditya Bagga abchk1234 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 19:51:52 UTC 2013

JK Wood wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2013 11:15 AM, "Aaditya Bagga" <abchk1234 at gmail.com
> <mailto:abchk1234 at gmail.com>> wrote:

> doinst.sh, but there are also some post-remove tasks, which I dont how
> to incorporate.
> >>
> >> Ok, I tried to improve upon the build script by modifying the
> configuration files that were being placed in /etc/init.d are now
> placed as /etc/rc.d/rc.tlp
> >> (The same SlackBuild linked above has been updated)
> >>
> >> But I still need to figure out how to add the tlp service to startup..
> >>
> > Ok, I think I figured out how to add it to startup..add it to
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local, set in doinst.sh
> > so thats done.
> >
> > But still dont know how to perform post-removal tasks like removal
> of this line from rc.local or the other settings done in doinst.sh..

> Generally, you want to avoid messing with the user's rc.local. I'd
> include information on how to add it to rc.local to the README and let
> them deal with it. You could wrap it in a check for rc.tdp existing so
> that there's no problem after uninstall, I suppose.
>
> Thanks,
> JK

Ok, I tried :)
I made the doinst.sh file optional, if a user wants, he could run the
slackbuild with additional argument to do post-install functions.
I have also included a script for doing post removal functions.
I wrote this info in the README.

The file to download is the same,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mefiles/files/TLP.tar.gz/