[Slackbuilds-users] Are we there yet?

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 22 10:58:53 UTC 2013

>> perl/perl-OpenGL-Image: Removed (missing dep)
>> perl/perl-OpenGL-Shader: Removed (missing dep)
>> perl/perl-OpenGL: Removed (build failure)
>

> perl-OpenGL wouldn't even consider building here, but if
> somebody can tell me why and how to fix it, I'll be more
> than happy to keep these three.  Again though, only if
> you actually care because you actually use/need them.

Do you have Intel graphics hardware on your build box?  Me too.  But
Willy has nvidia :-)

See http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linuxquestions-org-member-success-stories-23/solved-poor-video-quality-in-arch-after-updating-intel-drivers-4175457981/
Basically create a file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf containing
the following:

Section "Device"
Identifier "Intel Graphics"
Driver "intel"
Option "AccelMethod" "sna"
EndSection

Fixed the build for me, although "I don't actually care" :-)
hth
-D.