[Slackbuilds-users] Are we there yet?

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sun Nov 24 05:28:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:58:53 +0000
David Spencer <baildon.research at googlemail.com> wrote:

> >> perl/perl-OpenGL-Image: Removed (missing dep)
> >> perl/perl-OpenGL-Shader: Removed (missing dep)
> >> perl/perl-OpenGL: Removed (build failure)
> >

> > perl-OpenGL wouldn't even consider building here, but if
> > somebody can tell me why and how to fix it, I'll be more
> > than happy to keep these three.  Again though, only if
> > you actually care because you actually use/need them.
>
> Do you have Intel graphics hardware on your build box?  Me too.  But
> Willy has nvidia :-)
>
> See
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linuxquestions-org-member-success-stories-23/solved-poor-video-quality-in-arch-after-updating-intel-drivers-4175457981/
> Basically create a file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf containing
> the following:

Section "Device"
> Identifier "Intel Graphics"
> Driver "intel"
> Option "AccelMethod" "sna"
> EndSection
>
> Fixed the build for me, although "I don't actually care" :-)
> hth

Yeah, that's exactly what's going on.

Given that Joey Trungale (listed maintainer of those builds) is no
longer present at his online presence (website is not reachable),
I'm guessing that nobody will be contacting him at his listed
address, so these are getting dropped.  If someone later decides
they're needed, they can be added back.

-RW