[Slackbuilds-users] PostgreSQL - multiple installed versions

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Mon Sep 30 21:19:20 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 03:29:28PM +0200, Adis Nezirovic wrote:
> Yes, that's the pain of having libraries in non public directory. Either
> solution is fine, I would like to avoid editing the /etc/ld.so.conf

Why rather avoid that?  That is what it is there for to save complex linking errors like this.

I sometimes install stuff in /home/~user for testing and just add the libs PATH as needed.

It is easy and fault proof without having to mess about with build stuff etc. Plus it is read in order, so you can run old/new versions (etc.) with a quick edit.

Obviously, this is no good for a generic build - but again, it is there to solve the issue of having various versions of libs on one system.

Nick
--
FSF Associate Member 5508
http://linicks.net/