[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild for sflphone

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Mon Apr 7 10:47:41 UTC 2014

On 05/04/2014, at 8:24 PM, John Vogel <jvogel4 at stny.rr.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 23:24:05 +1000
> Christoph Willing <chris.willing at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> The sflphone webbsite looked interesting so I built your packages but found I couldn't do video with it. After also building the gnome client directory (not just the kde client directory), the video became available. That needs additional prerequisites to build - cogl, clutter & clutter-gtk. That much looks good.
>>
>> I couldn't make the user registration work though - even after going through the registration wizard, it still reports "No registered accounts". Haven't had time to investigate ..
>>
>> chris
>
> Thanks for taking the time to try the build and also for your report. Before I look into the video issue, I'd like to make sure you used the "WITH_VIDEO=yes" option for the sflphone SlackBuild. I don't currently have build scripts for the gtk deps, but when I get time I can work on these (gsb or dropline might be a place I could start). I'll try to make time to reseach the registration issue, but a good starting point is probably https://projects.savoirfairelinux.com/projects/sflphone/wiki/FAQ#Why-I-cannot-register-my-sip-account-successfully, but that is just a guess. I'll look into that more later today or early tommorow.

Yes, use of "WITH_VIDEO=yes" option is confirmed; in fact I made it the default in the Slack.build so that I couldn't forget it.

If you want to build the gnome version, I have Slack.builds for the dependent packages at:
    https://github.com/cwilling/slackbuilds/tree/sflphone
where you'll find graphics/cogl, libraries/clutter and /libraries/clutter-gtk. They contain some extra stuff compared to regulation SBo scripts, which is used for a particular build environment but is completely transparent to ordinary usage. Just add the source tarballs and run the Slack.builds as usual.

chris