[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild for sflphone

John Vogel jvogel4 at stny.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 18:42:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, 7 Apr 2014 20:47:41 +1000
Christoph Willing <chris.willing at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> On 05/04/2014, at 8:24 PM, John Vogel <jvogel4 at stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 23:24:05 +1000
> > Christoph Willing <chris.willing at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> >>
> >> The sflphone webbsite looked interesting so I built your packages but found I couldn't do video with it. After also building the gnome client directory (not just the kde client directory), the video became available. That needs additional prerequisites to build - cogl, clutter & clutter-gtk. That much looks good.
> >>
> >> I couldn't make the user registration work though - even after going through the registration wizard, it still reports "No registered accounts". Haven't had time to investigate ..
> >>
> >> chris
> >
> > Thanks for taking the time to try the build and also for your report. Before I look into the video issue, I'd like to make sure you used the "WITH_VIDEO=yes" option for the sflphone SlackBuild. I don't currently have build scripts for the gtk deps, but when I get time I can work on these (gsb or dropline might be a place I could start). I'll try to make time to reseach the registration issue, but a good starting point is probably https://projects.savoirfairelinux.com/projects/sflphone/wiki/FAQ#Why-I-cannot-register-my-sip-account-successfully, but that is just a guess. I'll look into that more later today or early tommorow.
>
> Yes, use of "WITH_VIDEO=yes" option is confirmed; in fact I made it the default in the Slack.build so that I couldn't forget it.
>
> If you want to build the gnome version, I have Slack.builds for the dependent packages at:
>     https://github.com/cwilling/slackbuilds/tree/sflphone
> where you'll find graphics/cogl, libraries/clutter and /libraries/clutter-gtk. They contain some extra stuff compared to regulation SBo scripts, which is used for a particular build environment but is completely transparent to ordinary usage. Just add the source tarballs and run the Slack.builds as usual.
>
> chris

I thought perhaps you had built with video turned on as you seem pretty savvy with builds. I'll do some more research on what is going wrong on the kde side for video support. I've only lightly brushed on the registration issue, so I'll see what I can dig up. Thanks for you input, time, and patience. I'll check out your gtk dep builds after dinner.

John