[Slackbuilds-users] Darktable reports that it can't find rawspeed

Paul McCormack islandmarmot at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 18:13:38 UTC 2014

I'm trying to get darktable or digikam to work with Fuji's raw (RAF) files.

Rawstudio shows a corrupted image

when I try to open a RAF file Darktable reports:-

bash-4.2$ darktable
[rawspeed] No decoder found. Sorry.
[rawspeed] No decoder found. Sorry.

I find this odd because as I understand it RawStudio is included in
darktable. This is just after opening a NEF file without any problem.

digikam - the image editor appears and the histogram panel appears with
the message "loading image" then crashes.

I'm using Slackware64 -current.

These are what I think are the relevant packages.

GraphicsMagick-1.3.17-x86_64-1_SBo
LibRaw-0.15.4-x86_64-1_SBo
darktable-1.4-x86_64-1_SBo
dcraw-9.20-x86_64-1_SBo
digikam-4.0.0-beta2-x86_64-1_SBo
ffmpeg-2.1-x86_64_custom-1_SBo
flickcurl-1.25-x86_64-1_SBo
lensfun-0.2.8-x86_64-3_SBo
luminance-hdr-2.3.1-x86_64-2_SBo
opencv-2.4.7-x86_64-1_SBo
openjpeg-1.5.1-x86_64-1_SBo
rawstudio-2.0-x86_64-2_SBo
ufraw-0.19.1-x86_64-1_SBo

Gimp and ufraw open the raf files without a problem.

So getting to the point - I feel like I've broken something around the
rawspeed encoders as neither digikam (RawSpeed codec support = No) or
darktable can open the raf files.

Please understand I'm not looking for the fix just a pointer as my
internet searching is either too technical or does not fix the problem.
At this point in time I'm considering reinstalling 14.1 and going from
there.

P.