[Slackbuilds-users] mupdf

LEVAI Daniel leva at ecentrum.hu
Tue Feb 25 12:52:46 UTC 2014

On h, febr 24, 2014 at 17:51:52 -0500, B Watson wrote:
> On 2/23/14, LEVAI Daniel <leva at ecentrum.hu> wrote:
>
> > If the maintainer won't step up,
>
> Hm, did I miss an email from you? Usually it's better to email the
> maintainer directly instead of the list...

My bad. My experience with sbo slackbuild maintainers is that most of
them (read 9 out of 10) don't even bother to reply or do something with
patches or new packages. I didn't intend to get around you, I just
thought that a maintainer supposedly reads the mailing list, and if
not (hence the phrase "won't step up"), then the package should be
updated anyways.

[...]
> It's worth mentioning also: the "critical security bug" only affects XPS
> documents, not PDFs. XPS is still pretty rare in the wild... "critical"
> is probably too strong of a word.

Critical means exactly that. Critical. Executing arbitrary code (as is
the case with most of the stack overflows) _is_ critical.
Also, your definition of "pretty rare" doesn't hold; how would you know
who uses it on a day to day basis...

Daniel

--
LÉVAI Dániel