[Slackbuilds-users] A question about maintaining perl/* slackbuilds.

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 19 23:57:52 UTC 2014

On 19 July 2014 21:19, Heinz Wiesinger <pprkut at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> Mass updates are an exception, not a rule. And we haven't yet established that
> what is required to do at this point qualifies as a mass update at all. Before
> talking about bending rules, first focus on creating an actual overview of the
> fixes that need to be performed.

fwiw, I've noticed that availability of search.cpan.org has been
*awful* recently (three months or so), particularly at weekends, but
is miraculously good today.

These are the cpan URLs that are 404 right now and would need
upversioning.  (or, to avoid upversioning, alternative downloads for
some of them can be located in the big source repos for Gentoo or
Fedora.)

perl-Config-IniFiles
perl-Data-Dumper
perl-Date-Manip
perl-Statistics-Descriptive
perl-Text-CSV_XS
perl-XML-LibXSLT

These six SlackBuilds have five distinct maintainers.

Anyway, if a mass URL update is being done, please don't forget these
which are not under perl/ :
games/Chatbot-Eliza
libraries/Crypt-SSLeay
libraries/exiftool/exiftool.info
[ Shockingly, exiftool is one of mine -- should I have moved it to perl/ ? ]

btw, the md5sum for perl-xml-twig is wrong :-)

Thanks folks
-D.