[Slackbuilds-users] Any desire for pari/gp outside of sage?

Charles Kauffman molbolom at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 20:56:01 UTC 2014

Howdy! Howdy! Howdy!

I have been using pari and keeping it maintained on my system for quite a
while now, and a few weeks ago went ahead and started using a slackbuild
rather than a simple script to install into my user directory.  Well, I
went a head and touched up the slackbuild information and figured I'd see
if any person/s around here would care for me to upload it to slackbuilds.

Also, I have a script for yacas as well, but I'm not sure I'd want to keep
it around.  The only aspect of it that I'm interested in is utilizing "user
defined" operators in place of function names.  a || b := (a+b)/a instead
of f(a,b) = (a+b)/a.  So before I decide to continue using this, does
anyone know of a CAS that allows for user defined operators?

If anyone would like to test them out...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8119425/system/pari.tar.gz
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8119425/system/yacas.tar.gz