[Slackbuilds-users] A request to pull from my metacpan branch.

Thomas Morper thomas at beingboiled.info
Mon Jul 21 03:35:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, 20 Jul 2014, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:

> if anyone has comment on this branch, please let us know
> otherwise, this will be part of the next public update

I don't get this. The other thread mentioned a total of six SlackBuilds
having non-working download links. Yet this branch will touch and change
around 650, completely ignoring the respective maintainers who might have
a reason for preferring search.cpan.org to metacpan.org and sticking to
the download links either of them provide.

Besides... a broken link often is an indicator for a SlackBuild in
neglect. It's better when these get reported on the mailing list than
having a nicely working download link for a version that's missing
important bug or security fixes.