[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuilds Plus Issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 24 13:12:36 UTC 2014

   I looked at the slackbuilds plus pages on sourceforge.net without finding
an e-mail address for the developer(s). Perhaps someone here can point me in
the right direction.

   My question is how to specify an entry in /etc/slackpkg/blacklist when the
same package is found in two repositories. This came up this morning when I
saw messages from the slackware development team of patched packages and I
ran slackpkgplus to update what needed to be updated.

   One of the listed packages was scribus-1.4.3-i486. I already had that
version from the SBo repository, but did not check each package on the list
so that package was replaced by the one from alien BOB's repository. There's
no need to upgrade the same package version from a different repository, but
the instructions for the blacklist are to list only the package name, not
the version, nor (I assume) the tag.

   Is there a way to avoid replacing an exising version of a package with one
from a different repository?

Rich