[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuilds Plus Issue [RESOLVED]

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 03:22:49 UTC 2014

On 07/24/2014 03:59 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>
>> maybe someone can help you also here, but I think the best way to
>> get in touch with the author or get general help from other users
>> of slackpkg+ is to post on the dedicated LQ thread
>
> Matteo,
>
> As I upgraded packages on a laptop here this afternoon I saw
> something I have not noticed on the server/workstation: below the
> ncurses list of available packages is a status line that tells me
> what package is already installed and what package would replace
> it. With this information I can make informed decisions and not
> replace the same application and version with one from a different
> repository.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rich

Rich

I was running all over Oregon this this week so missed your thread.
Besides looking at the status line, you can do what I do (as an example).

I've set up slackpkg+ to use its "greylist" function.  This is for
repos you wnat to flag but not automatically install/upgrade. Thus, in
/etc/slackpkg/slackpkgplus.conf add:
- ---------------------
# Enable (on) / Disable (off) the greylist feature. See
/etc/slackpkg/greylist
GREYLIST=on
- ---------------------
Then, add the repos you want slackpkg to display as unchecked into
/etc/slackpkg/greylist
- ---------------------
# Compiled our customized packages
freetype

# Don't automatically select external repos for upgrade
alienbob
kingbeowulf
multilib
restricted
Now, when I run "slackpkg update" and "slackpkg upgrade-all" only the
official patches are selected (see attached).  Here you see only the
official mainline patches selected with the rest displayed but not
checked by default.  That way, if I create a custom build (in
kingbeowulf), or AlienBOB has a different build than what I or
Slackware prefers, it is not automatically installed - until I look at
it.

Hope this helps. Have fun!

- -Ed