[Slackbuilds-users] webkitgtk compile time

bch at shroggslodge.freeserve.co.uk bch at shroggslodge.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 10:51:28 UTC 2014

Hello SB Users List

I am sorry if I am inappropriately posting with this one, however some
comments would be appreciated in any case.

It is currently 3.5 hours since I started compiling the webkitgtk
slackbuild.  This is on a quad  core 2.6GHz machine (not the fastest I
admit but still).

>From searching around, it seems that the usual experience of compiling
webkitgtk is not good, but one forum post seemed to suggest 45 mins or so
and called that a 'long time'.

I would be interested to know if any one else has compiled and had this
'problem', or is aware of it and if there are any steps I can take in
situations like this to limit the compile time.

I'm just getting used to building packages and things and slowly
understanding the SlackBuilds process, but nothing has taken this long so
far.

Thanks for any comments.
Habs