[Slackbuilds-users] Tex Live 2014 - Update / Part 2

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jun 28 04:20:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, 27 Jun 2014 19:08:29 -0300tetex xml context gust xetex fontsextra latexextra bibtexextra full
Jim Diamond <Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 16:23 (-0500), Robby Workman wrote:
>
> > It seems that csquotes is popular, and some of these others look
> > like they'd be generally useful.  However, they'll of course
> > require lots more size added unless I add single font packages, and
> > that seems a bit too "pick and choose" for my tastes.
>
> > If any of these (or the others mentioned by other people) are in the
> > Slackware tetex package, then I think that's grounds for addition.
> > Otherwise, would it be acceptable to you if the missing bits are
> > easily available in a separate build on SBo?
>

> > On a related note, what's the general preference on that?
> > A single large package containing everything else, or multiple
> > packages that provide more specific subsets of functionality?
>
> I think it is preferable to have a "small" number of additional
> packages, rather than one large "everything" package.  Having said
> that, there is a lot more effort for having multiple packages, and I
> guess it depends on how energetic you are :-)

Well, it's still got some refactoring needed, and I'm doing another
test run now to see how the sizes work out, but tentatively I'm
looking at the following:

texlive-texmf-* packages, where * is the following:
  tetex
  xml