[Slackbuilds-users] Tex Live 2014 - Update / Part 2

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 19:00:42 UTC 2014

On 6/28/14, Robby Workman <rworkman at slackbuilds.org> wrote:
> The first eight are self-explanatory, and "full" will contain the
> remainder.  Each of those nine will be split into three parts:
>   texlive-texmf-*
>   texlive-texmf-*-doc
>   texlive-texmf-*-src

I'm not a tex user, I would only ever need texlive as a dependency for
other stuff (looks like only graphics/textext uses it), or for one of
my hypothetical users to use. Thoughts from that perspective:

I think the name "full" is misleading. It's really more like "misc",
everything that didn't seem to fit in one of the other packages.

27 packages seems like overkill. Particularly for people who don't know
the first thing about texlive... just like core Slackware, if I needed
texlive for something, I'd do a full install of it (not knowing what's
safe to leave out).