[Slackbuilds-users] REQUIRES="%README%"

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 20:21:29 UTC 2014

On 3/3/14, Petar Petrov <petar.petrov at student.oulu.fi> wrote:

> without them, as they are optional, run-time only dependencies. Now, was
> this the right thing to do?
>
> I just got curious, it seems different people understand the purpose of
> %README% differently and may be I got it all wrong... :)

I don't know what counts as 'wrong' really, except maybe the 2 or 3 builds
I mentioned that have %README% and then don't have anything in the README.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that the README should always
be read. I'm willing it bet it always is, for people building things
manually with ./name.SlackBuild. The target audience for %README% seems
to be users of scripts like sbopkg or sbo_tools, maybe the authors of
those tools could chime in?