[Slackbuilds-users] mlt slackbuild fails to build with jre installed

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 15:44:03 UTC 2014

I'll try to clarify this (hope I won't add more confusion), excuse me
if I will repeat things:

I added the checks for building the swig bindings some time ago

http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/?id=fab03ccc55ef0a7ff2b6aa2bc12237ee9988bd57

and I conditionally enabled the building of the java ones depending on
the presence of a java executable: like Kent says, actually a jdk is
needed to build the language bindings for java, so it makes more sense
to check for javac.

but, in our case (SBo), it actually should make no difference as SBo
scripts suppose that needed/optional dependencies are installed from
SBo too, and we don't ship a jre at all, only a jdk: you should have
that installed if you plan to build other stuff from SBo as, as it
seems to me (but I can be wrong) that we don't check for conflicts
with the stuff in /extra; we support only installations with jdk, not
with slackware's jre.

Matteo