[Slackbuilds-users] Texlive-20130530 Build Errors

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 06:03:52 UTC 2014

On 3/20/14, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>    Attached as a gzipped file. The copy sent to the mail list is awaiting
> moderator approval because of size.

Wow. It's 1.3GB installed. I see lots of huge files, but they look
plausible, fonts and documentation and such. I was thinking maybe there
was a core dump in there (but Slackware doesn't do core dumps unless
you enable it yourself).

Someone who actually knows texlive: Is it really supposed to be that big?

You said you hit ^C after waiting 44 minutes for installpkg... if you
have a slow CPU and/or not much RAM, it makes sense it'd take forever to
install... it might also be the case that it runs too slow to be useful,
once you get it installed (I don't know much about tex or texlive though).