[Slackbuilds-users] PostgreSQL: Migrating from -9.0.5 to -9.3.4

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 21 16:01:15 UTC 2014

   Using the postgresql.SlackBuild script I successfully (I think) built and
installed postgresql-9.3.4 in /var/lib/pgsql/9.4/. However, there are no
bin/, include/, or lib/ directories in there, only data/.

   The current postgresql-9.0.5 was built from source (I had issues with the
SlackBuild script back then, too) and installed in /usr/local/pgsql/. That
directory contains all 4 sub-directories.

   The pg_upgrade script needs the paths to both the 9.0.5 and 9.3.4 binary
files. Since the newer version does not have them in /var/lib/pgsql/9.4/
where can I find them?

Thanks,

Rich