[Slackbuilds-users] Texlive-20130530 Build Errors

John Vogel jvogel4 at stny.rr.com
Fri Mar 21 01:52:58 UTC 2014

On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 15:08:36 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    Now, however, after a half-hour the package has not finished installing.
> texlive-20130530-i486-2_SBo.tgz has a reported size of 716,500,277 bytes. I
> don't recall any SBo package taking this long to install.

I still have my copy of the built package, and it's size is 719646050. I think
that B Watson's idea of attaching output of package contents will be revealing.
Also, after the failed build attempts, did you start fresh new build? Another
idea is to do a build in a qemu or virtualbox vm of a fresh install plus
necessay dependancies -- I do this when I am tracking down build problems on my
machines, usually as a last resort. Building texlive requires so much space,
that I have used a minimum 8GB install image and an extra 20GB image file to
set up a build partition on. The 20GB build partition may be excessive, but I
prefer to go big or go home for stuff like this.

John