[Slackbuilds-users] Testers wanted for new slint installers

Miguel De Anda miguel at thedeanda.com
Mon Mar 31 18:49:09 UTC 2014

i tested the 14.1 iso image in spanish. i speak spanish but am not familiar
with technical terms in spanish. here are a few notes:

in the welcome screen "Bienvenido al disco de instalacion.... (version 14)"
-- should it read 14.1?

woah, cfdisk is in spanish, didn't expect this...

almacenamiento del desplazamiento -- used to define scrollback buffer, i've
never heard this term before but i don't know if the term should be
different or not. (found in setup help)

when suggesting partition options it suggests "swap de 1-2 gigabytes" then
later it mentions "10 gigabytes" for something but shortly after it say "5
- 10 gigas" -- not sure if its better to use the same word here. again, i'm
not sure which spanish speakers are most comfortable with.

when installing from http i the message "procesando 1244 paquetes de
Slackware..." should probably be in title case or at least sentence case

-- did a full install so didn't tes the other install methods --

at end of installation it suggests "ctrl-alt-supr" - i setup a us keyboard
mapping so i'm not sure if it should be localized to my mapping as well as
language.

upon reboot, it failed to load lilo. there's an 80% chance it was a user
error as i was paying more attention to reading the text than to what i was
doing.

-m