[Slackbuilds-users] Error with clementine

Klaatu klaatu at straightedgelinux.com
Sun Nov 2 01:06:19 UTC 2014

Gilberto,

Did you install protobuf first? Clementine does appear to depend upon it
(you can see that by looking at the Clementine.info file), and I'm
guessing that if you install protobuf (which itself depends on
pysetuptools), Clementine will build and install successfully.

A Slackbuild script does not natively install dependencies. It installs
exactly the application that it was written for. No more.

Note that sbopkg is not a part of SlackBuilds, so if the error is in the
way sbopkg is handling dependencies, then that is an sbopkg bug rather
than a Slackbuilds.org bug. But even in sbopkg's case, if I recall
correcly, it is not its default behaviour to resolve dependencies.

Cheers.

- klaatu