[Slackbuilds-users] SlackBuild Ettiquette

Barry Grundy bgrundy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 01:34:58 UTC 2014

I maintain a particular package, and it's due for an upgrade.  I've been
playing with one of the options to the package and Iv'e determined that for
my use I would rarely run without that particular option.

Is it bad practice to have the SlackBuild enable an option by default?
Obviously the README would cover the subject.  Basically I'm asking to turn
an option into a "requirement".

The package in question is bulk_extractor (already in SBo), and the option
is liblightgrep (I'll be submitting the new SlackBuild concurrently).

The .info would reflect the requirement, and the bulk_extractor README
would indicate that the requirement could be disabled by removing
"--enable-liblightgrep" from the SlackBuild.

Is this kosher(ish)?