[Slackbuilds-users] git and stuff

Miguel De Anda miguel at thedeanda.com
Thu Oct 2 05:39:52 UTC 2014

hi all,

so obviously i've used the web form, but it seems that some people here
mention their own git repositories for updates. what's that process like? i
didn't see much mention of the 'official' slackbuilds git repository but
google helped me find that. is there a preference one way or the other or
is it best to just keep my own repo and pull from the official but "push"
changes using the web form?

i still only plan on making changes to those packages i maintain but i find
i always download a copy from the site, make my changes, upload tar.gz.
it'd be nice to just pull changes from the office onto mine.

also, i'm assuming official really is
http://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/

yeah yeah, i've been using slackware for years and i still sometimes ask
newbie questions.

-m