[Slackbuilds-users] categories/tags

Slacker slacker at slaphappygeeks.com
Tue Aug 4 19:59:06 UTC 2015

I personally would like to see such a browse by category option on SBo.

Someone recently posted a similar link to the FreeBSD equivalent which
was an excellent format.

If a visitor really doesn't know what they are looking for this would
provide the most useful navigational organization in my opinion. I find
tag groupings can seem somewhat arbitrary, whereas with categories you
can know "where you are" in a hierarchy, even if you don't know the
whole landscape. This allows you to build a mental map and learn to
navigate that landscape whereas tags can seem more transitory.

So +1 for navigable categories with list format and short descriptions.

Robert