[Slackbuilds-users] categories/tags

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Tue Aug 4 20:35:17 UTC 2015

You mean this? https://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/

> On 08/04/2015 09:45 AM, Petar Petrov wrote:

> > I think people would mostly browse SBo by Category, if they just want to
> > get an idea of what's in the repo or casually looking for something that
> > may be useful.

All of the latest theory-crafting on how people search is, in my opinion,
a bit pointless. In just over 9 years of the site being live with the
current category/tag system, I can say we've seen exactly zero reports of
people not being able to find what they were looking for.

While I won't stop other admins from adding categories, I will at least
vocally object to reorganization. I certainly won't be involved. It's time
spent solving a problem that doesn't really exist.

I will look into adding short descriptions (infact, code may already be
there as I tried it many years ago) to repo browsing, but if they are not in
the db (they weren't at the time) then it's unlikely to happen.

--
Erik Hanson