[Slackbuilds-users] Patches in `$PKG/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION/`?

David Spencer baildon.research at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 12 08:32:36 UTC 2015

Erik:
> Remember, I had mentioned build options as well.

The build options don't tell the whole story -- lots of builds pick up
optional deps automatically. For autotools builds this could be
recorded by gzipping the config.log into /usr/doc. cmake? scons? waf,
god help us? If anyone is thinking "queue file", @'s would need to be
eliminated.

King Ed:
> Including the tar ball in /usr/doc is just
> redundant: this is easily available on SBo, SBo git and any number of
> mirrors

Exactly, the only thing that needs to be recorded is the git revision,
anything more (e.g. the tarball) would be for user convenience, but
not every user is the same.

-D.